Football’s back now and I wanted to throw one of my favorite Recipe’s your way. It’s incredibly simple, takes 15-20 minutes to prep (depending on how much you’re drinking at the time) and it’s basically as healthy as chili’s going to get and still taste great! (It also freezes well for your next away game!)
- 1.5-2lbs of Lean Ground Turkey
- 1-2 Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Large Sweet Onion
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1-1.5 cups of Frozen Sweet Corn
- 1 can of Crushed Tomatoes (28-oz)
- 1 can of Tomato Sauce (8-oz)
- 1 can of Black Beans (15-oz) – drained
- 1 packet of Chili Seasoning Mix (I like the McCormick Slow Cooker HOT Seasoning)
- PEPPERS – You could add Fresh Jalapeno, Habanero or Ghost if you and your friends are feeling it!
- (my kids SOMETIMES eat it, so I usually just add jalapeno’s from a jar afterwards to add some heat)
- Shredded Cheese of your choice
- Chopped Onion (I like Red)
- Sour Cream
- Chips of course
- Although, we eat it for dinner sometimes and we’ll throw it on top of a Baked Potato and it’s amazing
- In a large skillet over a medium heat melt some butter and throw in the Garlic to coat the bottom. Add in the Turkey until it’s mostly cooked and finally add in the Onion stirring consistently until the Onions are a little brown and the meat is completely cooked (Ground Turkey will crumble and has no pink).
- Move the contents of the skillet into your slow cooker and mix in the rest of your ingredients stirring them in as you add.
- Cook at HIGH 4-5 hours or at LOW for 6 to 8.
- Place in bowl and most importantly, DON’T tell your buddies that it’s Turkey Meat! They’ll never know!